Bible Outpost is a Christian news & thought website, run by people who have a heart for apologetics (defense of the Christian faith), science and scholarly advancement.
Statement of Faith
- There is one living, eternal GOD, who exists in three persons, with equal power and glory: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This triune God creates and governs all things. (Psalms 102:27; Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
- The original manuscripts of the Protestant Bible are the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God. The Word of God supercedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:21)
- God the Father is an infinite personal Spirit who is perfect in everything. He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; He hears and answers prayer; and He saves all those who come to Him, through Jesus Christ, from sin and death. (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; John 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3)
- Jesus Christ is God's only begotten Son. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit; He was born of a virgin; He led a sinless life, performed miracles, taught, and died for our sins on the cross. Three days after his death, He was physically resurrected and ascended into heaven. He perpetually intercedes for His people. (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2; John 8:58; John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8)
- The Holy Spirit came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment; and to regenerate, sanctify and empower all who believe in Christ. (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14)
- The Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ. He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. (John 14:16-17, John 16:8-11)
- All people are sinners by nature and, therefore, are under condemnation. Those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord will be saved. (Romans 3:9 ; Romans 10:9; Acts 8:15-17; Titus 3:5)
- Christ is the head of the church, a living spiritual body. All people, who are "born again", are members of His church and body. (Colossians 1:181 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16)
- Jesus Christ will personally and visibly return to Earth in the Second Coming. He will establish His millennial kingdom, resurrect Christians who have died, perform the final judgment, impart eternal blessing to the righteous and endless suffering to the wicked. (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, Revelation 20:11-15)
- There is a literal Heaven and a literal Hell. All those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord. Those who reject Jesus' free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord in Hell. (Matthew 5:3, Matthew 25:31-34; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:22, Matthew 18:9; Luke 12:5)
- There will be a Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church, where all believers will meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to the Great Tribulation that will come upon the earth. (Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18, Romans 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 5:7-10, Revelation 7:13-14)
We do not officially promote any specific denomination, although we lean conservative protestant. We are more concerned with the search for truth and knowledge; the denomination in which we find this information is not important to us.